Search & Win

4/30/11

My Blood Approves Review


Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met.

Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him.

This is a young adult paranormal romance with mild language and mild sexual situations recommended for readers in grade 9 and up.

But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...

What I thought...


I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would starting it. I was afraid it was going to be a bad spinoff of Twilight, which in some ways it is similar, but not in the "OMG I've already read this" way.

Starts off and you meet the main character, Alice, who's your average high school student except for the fact that she is clubbing with her friend on a school night. They are saved from a couple of losers by Jack (feel the Twilight vibe yet?) While her friend is enamored by Jack, Alice isn't and can't seem to get past the way her friend is acting towards him. Just as puzzling is Jack isn't the least bit bothered by it, but he is perplexed that Alice isn't acting the same way. Now for me, reading A LOT of vampire books, I knew right away that this was the case here.

What comes next is a friendship between Alice and Jack that always happens late afternoon till the wee hours of the morning. This was the part of the book where I wanted to scream to Alice that Jack was a vampire and that it was insanely obvious. I got so aggravated at how naive she was that I almost quit reading it right then and there. I am so glad that I didn't.

When she meets his "family" she meets his "brother," Daniel and instantly falls in love and intense passion just by looking at him. This got me intrigued at the connection she was having towards him especially the fact that he obviously wasn't feeling it towards her. Also to the fact of how Jack feels towards Alice. I would continue but I don't want to give too much away about the book.

One thing this book definitely did for me was give me my new favorite vampire, Jack. :)

Like I said, I really enjoyed this book, but can't say that it's one of my all-time faves. So I give this book a solid...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment